Sexual Harassment Training
The Tolland County Chamber of Commerce is presenting a sexual harassment training session in accordance with the mandates of Connecticut law. The training will fulfill the requirements of Connecticut’s new law and will be presented by Kahan, Kerensky & Capossela LLP. See the video below.
As of October 1, 2019, all Connecticut employers with three or more employees are now subject to expanded notice and training requirements regarding the prevention of sexual harassment in the workplace.
- Employers with three or more employees shall be required to provide two hours of sexual harassment training to all employees no later than October 1, 2020.
- All employees hired on or after October 1, 2019, must obtain such training within six months of hire.
- Employers will be required to provide to a new employee a copy of information regarding the illegality of sexual harassment and remedies available to victims. CLICK HERE FOR THOSE DOCUMENTS
- Once you register for the class, you will receive an email with the link to take the course.
- After you have completed all of these quizzes and viewed the full two-hours of training materials, you can request a Certificate of Completion from the CHRO. To receive the certificate, please fill out the form at the end of this training. Please make sure that your name and email address are entered correctly as any error may cause an issue in receiving a certificate. Certificates are generally issued every other business day, so please be patient. If there are any issues in receiving the certificate, please email CHRO.Questions@ct.gov.