We are living our Purpose - To Care Deeply about People, Helping them to Eat Well and Be Happy. This Purpose guides everything we do and is why we are in business. We are using our service priorities - Safety, Friendliness, Presentation, and Efficiency to help us make decisions at work every day and are critical to the success of our business goals.
To deliver a great customer experience while providing our customers with accurate, friendly and efficient service; to accurately bag products and assist customers with their groceries as required.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
The minimum required qualifications for this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Ability to proficiently read, write, speak, analyze, interpret, and understand the English language.
- Ability to stand/walk for the duration of a scheduled shift.
- Ability to work in varying temperatures.
- Ability to stand, bend, twist, reach, push, pull and regularly lift 25 lbs., and occasionally lift 50 lbs.
- Ability to work with fresh, dried and/or processed products, spices and powdered substances without negative allergic consequences.
- Ability to tolerate dust and cleaning agents during routine housekeeping duties.
- Ability to interact with Customers in a friendly and helpful way.
- Ability to work cooperatively with others.
- Ability to work all assigned work schedules and comply with all time and attendance policies.
Essential Job Functions:
Performance of the essential functions of this position require the Associate to possess the minimum qualifications listed above. These functions include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Greet all Customers and provide them with prompt, courteous service and assistance.
- Properly bag Customers’ orders safely and efficiently.
- Handle damaged or return-to-stock products according to Company policy, with priority attention given to refrigerated, perishable items, and sell by date.
- Maintain a clean, neat, organized and safe work/ shopping environment.
- Clean and sanitize all work surfaces, utensils and equipment in accordance with Department of Sanitation and QA standards.
- Keep floor clear of debris and spills.
- Must be knowledgeable in the various types of products carried in the store.
- Utilize and maintain equipment as required by department; report any equipment problems immediately.
- Perform all duties in accordance with Local, State and Federal regulations that pertain to the Front-End operation.
- Regularly lift, pull, push and rotate merchandise that weights 25 lbs. and occasionally weights up to 50 lbs.
- Perform all duties in accordance with Company rules, policies, safety requirements, and security standards.
- Perform duties in accordance with all Local, State and Federal health and civil code regulations.
- Perform duties in accordance with the Company’s HAZCOM program and adhere to manufacturer’s label instructions for the safe and proper use of all chemical products.
- Dress and groom according to Company policy to include uniform, name badge and hat or hair restraint requirements.
- Perform all duties in accordance with QA hand washing standards and use disposable gloves when handling food.
- Complete all applicable department training programs.
- Check prices and be knowledgeable about location of items in the store.
- Promote for sale any current charitable promotions to Customers.
- Perform all duties in accordance with all ShopRite Service Priorities (Safety, Friendliness, Presentation, and Efficiency).
- Maintain punctual and regular attendance.
- Stand at work station for duration of scheduled shift, which may exceed 8 hours per day.
- Understand and adhere to Company shrink guidelines as relates to departmental operations.
- Work overtime as assigned.
- Must be 18 years or older to operate balers, hi-lo’s, power jacks and slicing machines.
- Work cooperatively with others.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
CLICK HERE TO APPLY
Important Disclaimer Notice:
The above statements are only intended to represent the essential job functions and general nature of the work being performed and are not exhaustive of the tasks that an Associate may be required to perform. The employer reserves the right to revise this job description at any time and to require Associates to perform other tasks as circumstances or conditions of its business, competitive considerations, or the work environment change. This job description is not a guarantee of employment.