We are living our Purpose - To Care Deeply about People, Helping them to Eat Well and Be Happy. This Purpose guides everything we do and is why we are in business. We are using our service priorities - Safety, Friendliness, Presentation, and Efficiency to help us make decisions at work every day and are critical to the success of our business goals.
To deliver a great customer experience while assisting the Bakery Manager in the daily operation of the department with baking, mixing dough, icing, packaging and filling, of designated pastry and bread items in the Bakery Department; to maintain a neat, clean and visually appealing department and to perform other tasks as required in an efficient and safe manner, within Company policy.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
The minimum required qualifications for this position include, but are not limited to the following:
- Ability to proficiently read, write, speak, analyze, interpret, and understand the English language.
- Ability to stand/walk for the duration of a scheduled shift.
- Ability to bend, twist, reach, push, pull and regularly lift 25 lbs., and occasionally lift 50 lbs.
- Ability to work in varying temperatures.
- Ability to work with fresh, dried and/or processed products, spices and powdered substances without negative allergic consequences.
- Ability to tolerate dust and cleaning agents during routine housekeeping duties.
- Ability to interact with Customers in a friendly and helpful way.
- Ability to work cooperatively with others.
- Ability to work all assigned work schedules and comply with all time and attendance policies.
Essential Job Functions:
Performance of the essential functions of this position require the Associate to possess the minimum qualifications listed above. These functions include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Maintain a clean, neat, organized and safe work environment.
- Maintain department sanitation and QA standards (i.e. safety, personal hygiene, clean cases, and equipment).
- Clean and sanitize all work surfaces, utensils and equipment in accordance with Department of Sanitation and QA standards.
- Keep floor clear of debris and spills.
- Greet all Customers and provide them with prompt, courteous service and assistance.
- Maintain and properly use all department equipment as required.
- Pack out product into display cases.
- Rotate product to ensure freshness.
- Ensure accurate signage for the department.
- Prepare trays to Company’s and Customer’s satisfaction.
- Perform all duties in accordance with Local, State and Federal regulations as they pertain to the Bakery operation.
- Dress and groom according to Company policy including uniform, name badge and hat or hair restraint requirements.
- Perform duties in accordance with QA hand washing standards and use disposable gloves when handling food.
- Follow recipes to produce food products of specified flavor, texture, clarity, bouquet, or color.
- Set up, operate, and tend equipment that cooks, mixes, blends or processes ingredients in the production of food products, according to formulas or recipes.
- Rotate all merchandise in accordance with quality assurance standards to ensure freshness.
- Prepare special order requests, as required.
- Track movement of sales on production logs.
- Take a complete & accurate inventory of supplies weekly and re-order supplies and ingredients as needed.
- Place reclamation in its proper location.
- Regularly lift, pull, push and rotate merchandise that weights 25 lbs., and that occasionally weights up to 50 lbs.
- Unload trucks and transport merchandise to Bakery department that weights 25 lbs., and that occasionally weights up to 50 lbs.
- Check prices and be knowledgeable about location of items in the store.
- Promote for sale any current charitable promotions to Customers.
- Stand at work station for duration of scheduled shift, which may exceed 8 hours per day.
- Receive deliveries.
- Assist in other departments when instructed.
- Perform duties in accordance with the Company’s HAZCOM program and adhere to manufacturer’s label instructions for the safe and proper use of all chemical products.
- Perform all duties in accordance with Company rules, policies, safety requirements, and security standards and with all local, state, and federal health and civil code regulations.
- Follow approved procedures for receiving, code dating, preparing, storing, and price marking, arranging, and restocking products to ensure quality, accuracy and product rotation and protection.
- Handle damaged and spoiled products according to Company policy and assist in controlling the level of damaged goods.
- Understand and adhere to Company shrink guidelines as relates to Bakery operations.
- Utilize and maintain equipment as required by department; report any equipment problems immediately.
- Check refrigeration equipment for proper performance regularly; report any failures immediately.
- Complete all applicable department training programs.
- Perform all duties in accordance all ShopRite Service Priorities (Safety, Friendliness, Presentation, and Efficiency).
- Maintain punctual and regular attendance.
- Work overtime as assigned.
- Work cooperatively with others.
- Must be 18 years or older to operate balers, hi-lo’s, power jacks, and slicing machines.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
CLICK HERE TO APPLY
Important Disclaimer Notice:
The above statements are only intended to represent the essential job functions and general nature of the work being performed and are not exhaustive of the tasks that an Associate may be required to perform. The employer reserves the right to revise this job description at any time and to require Associates to perform other tasks as circumstances or conditions of its business, competitive considerations, or the work environment change. This job description is not a guarantee of employment.
ShopRite of Tri-City Plaza