Meat Wrapper Clerk
We are living our Purpose - To Care Deeply about People, Helping them to Eat Well and Be Happy. This Purpose guides everything we do and is why we are in business. We are using our service priorities - Safety, Friendliness, Presentation, and Efficiency to help us make decisions at work every day and are critical to the success of our business goals.
To deliver a great customer experience while wrapping, packaging, scaling, and price marking merchandise in the Meat Department; to maintain a neat, clean and visually appealing department and to perform other tasks as required in an efficient and safe manner, within Company policy.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
The minimum required qualifications for this position include, but are not limited to the following:
- Ability to proficiently read, write, speak, analyze, interpret, and understand the English language.
- Ability to perform basic math.
- Ability to stand, bend, twist, reach, push, pull and regularly lift 25 lbs., and occasionally lift 80-90 lbs.
- Must possess a strong knowledge of safe food handling and demonstrate safe work habits.
- Ability to stand/walk for the duration of a scheduled shift.
- Ability to work in varying temperatures.
- Ability to work with fresh, dried and/or processed products, spices and powdered substances without negative allergic consequences.
- Ability to tolerate dust and cleaning agents during routine housekeeping duties.
- Ability to interact with Customers in a friendly and helpful way.
- Ability to work cooperatively with others.
- Ability to work all assigned work schedules and comply with all time and attendance policies.
Essential Job Functions:
Performance of the essential functions of this position require the Associate to possess the minimum qualifications listed above. These functions include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Maintain a clean, neat, organized and safe work environment.
- Check refrigeration equipment for proper performance regularly; report any failure immediately.
- Utilize and maintain equipment as required by department; report any equipment problems immediately.
- Maintain sanitation control according to Company policy.
- Stock merchandise and display cases.
- Must be knowledgeable in the various types of product carried in the department.
- Clean and sanitize all work surfaces, utensils and equipment in accordance with Department of Sanitation and QA standards.
- Keep floor clear of debris and spills.
- Calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, percentages, gross margins, and apply concepts of basic math in order to verify vendor invoices charges and counts.
- Work in an environment that includes continuous duties in refrigerated cutting rooms and storage areas (relatively high humidity) with occasional duties in frozen food storage boxes maintained at temperatures as low as 20 degrees (Fahrenheit) below zero.
- Accurately complete required reports including the daily sales report, inventory counts, receiving log, and audit forms.
- Check prices and be knowledgeable about location of items in the store.
- Promote for sale any current charitable promotions to Customers.
- Stand at work station for duration of scheduled shift, which may exceed 8 hours per day.
- Unload trucks and transport merchandise to Meat Department that weights 35 lbs. and that occasionally weights 80-90 lbs.
- Regularly lift, pull, push and rotate merchandise that weights 35 lbs., and that occasionally weights up to 80-90 lbs.
- Understand and adhere to all Country of Origin Label (C.O.O.L.) regulations for all products in the Meat Department.
- Perform all duties in accordance with Local, State and Federal regulations as they pertain to the Meat operation.
- Perform all duties in accordance with Company rules, policies, safety requirements, and security standards and all Local, State and Federal health and civil code regulations.
- Dress and groom according to Company policy including uniform, name badge and hat or hair restraint requirements.
- Perform duties in accordance with QA hand washing standards and use disposable gloves when handling food.
- Understand and adhere to Company shrink guidelines as relates to Meat Department operations.
- Perform duties in accordance with the Company’s HAZCOM program and adhere to manufacturer’s label instructions for the safe and proper use of all chemical products.
- Follow weights and measures guidelines.
- Follow approved procedures for receiving, code dating, preparing, storing, and price marking, arranging, and restocking products to ensure quality, accuracy and product rotation and protection.
- Handle damaged and spoiled products according to Company policy and assist in controlling the level of damaged goods.
- Fills in meat cases when required.
- Removes trash to designated area.
- Complete all applicable department training programs.
- Perform all duties in accordance with all ShopRite Service Priorities (Safety, Friendliness, Presentation, and Efficiency).
- Maintain punctual and regular attendance.
- Work overtime as assigned.
- Work cooperatively with others.
- Must be 18 years or older to operate balers, hi-lo’s, power jacks, and slicing machines.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
CLICK HERE TO APPLY
Important Disclaimer Notice:
The above statements are only intended to represent the essential job functions and general nature of the work being performed and are not exhaustive of the tasks that an Associate may be required to perform. The employer reserves the right to revise this job description at any time and to require Associates to perform other tasks as circumstances or conditions of its business, competitive considerations, or the work environment change. This job description is not a guarantee of employment.
ShopRite of Tri-City Plaza