CAREGiver - Hiring Immediately!
Do you desire to work for an organization that makes a difference and offers meaningful work? Or perhaps have a desire to support the vulnerable and isolated population in your community? If you answered yes to any of these, then Home Instead has an opportunity for you! We work hard to place our CAREGivers with aging adults who live in their nearby communities to minimize the time and cost for travel.
Home Instead is looking for caring and compassionate CAREGivers to become a part of our team and join our mission of enhancing the lives of aging adults throughout our community. Home Instead provides a variety of direct care, non-medical services that allow aging adults to remain in their home and meet the challenges of aging with dignity, care and compassion.
We service many towns: Storrs, Mansfield, Willimantic, Columbia, Danielson, Brooklyn, Putnam, Stafford Springs, Hebron and many more...you will train in Tolland and then we will work to get you working local to your home!
Salary range for service hours: $14.10/hr-$15.50/hr
Primary responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Light housekeeping tasks and meal preparation
- Medication and appointment reminders
- Assistance with personal care assistance (e.g., grooming, bathing, continence care)
- Assistance with transfers and ambulation
- Companionship and client engagement
- Ability to treat and care for aging adults and their property with dignity and respect.
- Ability to communicate with clients in a friendly and congenial manner.
- Complete a criminal background check, DMV check and drug screen.
- Possess a valid driver’s license, reliable transportation and valid auto insurance.
*No previous experience necessary - skills training provided by Home Instead*
WHY Home Instead?
- We offer a great culture where you will feel supported by our reliable office staff 24 hours a day.
- We work hard to place our CAREGivers with aging adults who live in their nearby communities to minimize the time and cost for travel.
- Because safety and wellbeing are of top priority, we provide education designed to support your success with clients.
- We focus on offering assignments that allow CAREGivers to develop relationships with the same clients over time rather than changing weekly assignments.
- Healthcare - Virtual Me- Service allows access to over 7,000 U.S. Board Certified telehealth physicians and specialists at no cost to employee • Teladoc (unlimited doctor visits at $0 cost per visit, by phone or video).
- Financial Flexibility - Tapcheck - Service allows instant access to a portion of wages earned prior to payday.
- 401(k) Retirement Plan - 5% company match
- Paid Initial Training & Ongoing Professional Development
- Incentive/Employee Recognition Programs
- Flexible Schedule- You can work with our office to customize your work schedule to meet your own needs.
- Work With A Purpose - Helping people age with dignity and self-worth intact can give you a deep sense of purpose in your career.
We have a variety of shifts available with competitive pay and benefits. Find out more about this fulfilling career opportunity at homeinstead.com/713.
Each Home Instead franchise is independently owned and operated.