Full Job Description
***** Now Offering Extended Training *****
Training provides new talent with a greater understanding of job responsibilities and knowledge that leads to excellent work and improvement in confidence. That is why, we have enhanced our training program! Our onboarding program now incorporates an extended training window for new staff wanting some additional guidance. We welcome new and experienced healthcare workers who are 100% committed to working for a superior organization dedicated to caring for those we serve!
Vernon Manor Health Care Center is a 5-star, 120-bed skilled nursing facility offering rehabilitative and sub-acute care for the clinically complex patient. We are nationally recognized for our first-rate reputation and for delivering outstanding post-hospital rehabilitation and long-term nursing care. By combining beautiful surroundings, the latest in health care technology and a team of experienced and compassionate professionals, Vernon Manor offers our patients and residents the finest in comfort, care and results. We are currently seeking a part time (24 hours) and a full time (32 hours) Dietary Aides for our 6am-2pm shift who are enthusiastic about enhancing the lives of our residents.
- Interested in the Dietary needs of the aged and the chronically ill with the ability to work with the elderly.
- Able to work every other weekend based on the requirements of the position
- Works with dietician and Food Service Manager to ensure that production sheets and menus are consistent.
- Sets up trays and/or place settings according to prescribed therapeutic diets using Resident Diet Systems tickets according to procedure in a timely, safe and sanitary manner.
- Prepares, portions and serves appropriate and adequate amounts of food items, beverages and desserts for meal service according to menu and prescribed therapeutic diets in a timely, safe and sanitary manner.
- Assists with meal set up at mealtime according to the diet card, considering therapeutic diets, food preferences and consistencies to meet each resident's individual dietary needs.
Job Type: Part-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- food service: 1 year (Preferred)
- Dietary: 1 year (Preferred)
- One location
Hours per week:
Typical start time:
Typical end time:
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable -- more reliable than spontaneous
- Detail-oriented -- would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
- Autonomous/Independent -- enjoys working with little direction