Full Time LPN / RN Charge Nurse
Full Job Description
***** RNs $12,000 or LPNs $9,000 SIGN-ON BONUS *****
*** Group Medical & Dental Insurance FREE for '3' Months with Eligibility***
Vernon Manor Health Care Center is a 5-star, 120-bed skilled nursing facility offering rehabilitative and sub-acute care for the clinically complex patient. We are nationally recognized for our first-rate reputation and for delivering outstanding post-hospital rehabilitation and long-term nursing care. By combining beautiful surroundings, the latest in health care technology and a team of experienced and compassionate professionals, Vernon Manor offers our patients and residents the finest in comfort, care and results.
We are currently seeking a RN/LPN Charge Nurse for our 3 pm -11 pm shift; if your are eager to improve the lives of the patients and residents we serve we welcome you to apply.
Now Offering Extended Training
Training provides new talent with a greater understanding of job responsibilities and knowledge that leads to excellent work and improvement in confidence. That is why, we have enhanced our training program! Our on-boarding program now incorporates an extended training window for new staff wanting some additional guidance. We welcome new and experienced healthcare workers who are 100% committed to working for a superior organization dedicated to caring for those we serve!
- Registered Nurse or Licensed Practical Nurse licensed in the state of Connecticut
- Minimum of one year of education or experience in geriatric nursing or rehabilitation preferred.
- Administers medication and treatments according to the physician's orders.
- Assumes responsibility for ordering medications.
- Makes nursing assessments during each shift.
- Gives daily shift report to Certified Nursing Assistants assigned to the unit prior to the start of the shift. Reviews written daily assignments for each resident on assigned unit. Assures assignments are completed before the end of the shift.
- Makes rounds on assigned residents at least once every two hours.
- Collaborates with Care Plan Coordinator to develop and maintain nursing care plans and update these plans on a regular basis and as the resident's condition changes.
- Participates in the yearly written evaluations of nursing assistants and documents accurately their strengths, weaknesses and the steps that need to be taken to improve their performance.
- Assists the Staff Development Coordinator with orientation and on-the-job training for new nursing personnel as needed.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $22.00 - $28.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Evening shift
- Crisis pay
- Differential pay
- Signing bonus
- One location
Relocation Assistance Provided:
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable -- more reliable than spontaneous
- Detail-oriented -- would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
- Achievement-oriented -- enjoys taking on challenges, even if they might fail
- Remote interview process
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Plastic shield at work stations
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Virtual meetings
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place