Urgently Hiring RN and LPN Staff Nurses
Full Job Description
Vernon Manor Health Care Center
SIGN-ON BONUS - $12,000 to $6,000 (based on work schedule)
GROUP MEDICAL & DENTAL – FREE FOR ‘3’ Months of Eligibility
Want to enhance your nursing career at Vernon Manor? Learn technical skills! Make more money!! Have a better life!!! Our Employee Tuition Reimbursement Program has been enriched – inquire and apply!
Now offering extended training/orientation: We understand that training provides new staff with a greater understanding of job responsibilities and knowledge leading to effective work habits and improved confidence. Our onboarding program now incorporates an extended training window for new staff desiring additional guidance. We welcome new and experienced healthcare workers who are 100% committed to working for a superior organization dedicated to caring for those we serve!
Vernon Manor Health Care Center is a 5-star, 120-bed skilled nursing facility offering rehabilitative and sub-acute care for the clinically complex patient. We are nationally recognized for our first-rate reputation and for delivering outstanding post-hospital rehabilitation and long-term nursing care. By combining beautiful surroundings, the latest in health care technology and a team of experienced and compassionate professionals, Vernon Manor offers our patients and residents the finest in comfort, care and results.
Vernon Manor Health Care Center is seeking:
RN and LPN Staff Nurses for our 7a-3p shift and our 3p-11p shift. We encourage you to apply if you are eager to join our team, enjoy working in a technically advanced setting while improving the lives of our residents.
- Registered Nurse licensed in the State of Connecticut.
- Minimum of one year of education or experience in geriatric nursing or rehabilitation preferred.
- CPR certified.
- Administers medication and treatments according to the physician's orders.
- Assumes responsibility for ordering medications.
- Makes nursing assessments during each shift.
- Gives daily shift report to Certified Nursing Assistants assigned to the unit prior to the start of the shift. Reviews written daily assignments for each resident on assigned unit. Assures assignments are completed before the end of the shift.
- Gives and takes nursing report on assigned unit. Communicates essential information to appropriate parties.
- Assists the attending physician with rounds and special procedures as needed.
- Collaborates with nursing supervisor in documenting disciplinary concerns for nursing assistants on designated shifts, including reprimands, oral and written warnings, and recommending the suspension or discharge of an employee.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
- 401(k) Matching
- Dental Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Account
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Vision Insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
- On call
- Signing Bonus
- Registered Nurse (RN) (Required)
- One location
Hours per week:
- Less than 10
- Nursing home
- Current State Nursing License
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable -- more reliable than spontaneous
- People-oriented -- enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects
- Adaptable/flexible -- enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
- Detail-oriented -- would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
- Achievement-oriented -- enjoys taking on challenges, even if they might fail