Collaborate with Innovative 3Mers Around the World
Choosing where to start and grow your career has a major impact on your professional and personal life, so it’s equally important you know that the company that you choose to work at, and its leaders, will support and guide you. With a diversity of people, global locations, technologies and products, 3M is a place where you can collaborate with 93,000 other curious, creative 3Mers.
“At 3M, we want to make sure that everyone, from all walks of life, know they can share their opinions, they’re heard, and change is made based on their input.” – Ann Anaya, chief diversity officer at 3M”
The Impact You’ll Make in this Role
Our products are critical to the development of life saving therapies, treatments and vaccines. As a Production Machine Operator, you will make an impact by supporting the delivery on our operational goals that help us provide vital products to our biopharma customers.
Under supervision, a Production Machine Operator performs a variety of tasks in the 3M Stafford Springs plant to operate production equipment.
- Operates production equipment as outlined in work instructions using judgment to correct problems, with authority to stop production when equipment, safety or product quality is in jeopardy.
- Operates equipment at rates that meet productivity goals.
- Performs quality testing as defined in the work instructions.
- Moves and prepares raw material as required.
- Maintains accurate and complete labor, productivity and scrap records.
- Performs basic equipment changeovers as required.
- Properly labels all products produced.
- Pay rate: $19 to $20+ per hour
Your Skills and Expertise
To set you up for success in this role from day one, 3M is looking for candidates who must have the following qualifications:
- Possess a high school diploma or GED (completed and verified prior to start)
Additional qualifications that could help you succeed even further in this role include:
- Work experience in a manufacturing production operation is desired
- Must be reliable and dependable.
- Must be able to successfully follow instructions.
- Possess good communication skills.
- Must be able to read, speak, and understand English and pass the required 3M test battery.
$1000 Referral/Retention bonus for new hires and referring 3M employees between 6/14/21 and 8/13/21. Must meet eligibility criteria.
Travel: Not Applicable
Relocation Assistance: Not Applicable
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status).
Supporting Your Well-being
3M offers many programs to help you live your best life – both physically and financially. To ensure competitive pay and benefits, 3M regularly benchmarks with other companies that are comparable in size and scope.
Resources for You
For more details on what happens before, during and after the interview process, check out the Insights for Candidates page at 3M.com/careers.
This posting is for a Production Machine Operator position at 3M Stafford Springs. 3M anticipates that multiple openings for this position will occur over time. Qualified applicants may be considered as Production Machine Operator as openings occur, and 3M will accept applications for up to 6 months from the posting date of this requisition. Eligible applications will be kept open and active for 6 months. After that, the posting will be taken down and applicants will need to apply/re-apply for available open postings at that time.
Learn more about 3M’s creative solutions to the world’s problems at www.3M.com or on Twitter @3M.
Responsibilities of this position include that corporate policies, procedures and security standards are complied with while performing assigned duties.
Pay & Benefits Overview: https://www.3m.com/3M/en_US/careers-us/working-at-3m/benefits/
3M is an equal opportunity employer. 3M will not discriminate against any applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status.
Please note: your application may not be considered if you do not provide your education and work history, either by: 1) uploading a resume, or 2) entering the information into the application fields directly.
Please access the linked document by clicking here, select the country where you are applying for employment, and review. Before submitting your application you will be asked to confirm your agreement with the terms.