Foodshare is the Feeding America food bank serving Connecticut’s Hartford and Tolland Counties, where more than 118,000 people struggle with hunger. In partnership with the food industry, donors, community leaders, and volunteers, Foodshare works to maximize access to nutritious food and other resources that support food security. Last year, Foodshare distributed more than 11 million meals worth of food to a network of 280 local partner programs including food pantries, shelters, and community kitchens. And, because hunger is bigger than food, Foodshare collaborates with anti-hunger organizations, policymakers, and the broader community to build effective solutions to end hunger.
Foodshare is changing what it means to be a food bank. For more information, visit www.foodshare.org, like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter and Instagram.
- More than 11 million meals distributed in 2019
- 1 in 9 people in Greater Hartford and Tolland struggle with hunger
- Approximately 280 food programs receive food from Foodshare
- 18 Hunger Action Teams work on local solutions
- Helped 350 Households apply for SNAP in 2019